May 15, 2018 10:56:17 AM
A Columbus man was jailed in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after authorities say he escaped from the Lowndes County Juvenile Detention Center on his 18th birthday.
Authorities arrested Braylin Edinburgh, 18, at a Starkville checkpoint on Friday and charged him with felony escape, according to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Marc Miley. According to a LCSO incident report, Edinburgh had been in custody at the juvenile detention center on March 21 when he and another juvenile attempted to escape.
Edinburgh and the other juvenile were able to unlock a door leading outside the detention center. Once outside, Edinburgh crawled under a fence and ran south toward Bell Avenue. The other juvenile was not able to fit under the gate.
Because Edinburgh was 18, he was charged as an adult.
He has bonded out of Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $3,500 bond.
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CLW eyes rate, customer surcharge hikes for electric COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Parks partners with SOCSD for joint use of facilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Rick Young returns as EMCC interim president COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY