A Burger King on Highway 12 in Starkville is set to open on Monday. The Burger King is at 409 Highway 12 East, next to Hardee's. Photo by: Alex Holloway/Dispatch Staff
May 16, 2018 10:49:39 AM
Starkville's new Burger King is gearing up for an anticipated Monday opening.
Construction manager Jason Thetford told The Dispatch construction on the restaurant, located at 409 Highway 12 East near Hardee's, is scheduled to wrap up this week, and it's expected to open for business next week.
Tom Barlow, with Cambridge Franchise Holdings, said the Burger King will open for breakfast Monday morning.
"We're firing up all of the equipment and getting the final inspections," Barlow said. "We're meeting with the chamber of commerce to, hopefully, that Thursday (May 24) have a ribbon cutting."
Next week will be a "soft opening" for the restaurant, Barlow said, with a grand opening likely to follow in the first or second week of June. He said the grand opening will likely include a bicycle giveaway and other local marketing efforts.
The restaurant is, for the moment, fully staffed, with about 70 total employees. Barlow said the hiring process normally resumes about two weeks after opening.
"We're very excited about being part of the community," Barlow said. "We want everyone to come see us and visit us. We're excited to be here and think it's an honor to be here as well."
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CLW eyes rate, customer surcharge hikes for electric COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Parks partners with SOCSD for joint use of facilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Rick Young returns as EMCC interim president COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY