December 5, 2018 10:47:19 AM
Starkville's board of aldermen on Tuesday initiated the search for a municipal judge to replace Rodney Faver.
Faver, who has served as Starkville's municipal judge since 2009, is leaving his position after winning the Chancery District 14, Place 1 judge's runoff election Nov. 27. Faver will take his new position at the beginning of 2019.
Aldermen unanimously voted to begin accepting applications from potential candidates. The city will accept applications through 5 p.m. on Dec. 10.
The board will hold a normal work session on Dec. 14 at 1:15 p.m. After that, at 3 p.m., the board will hold a special-call meeting to conduct interviews with judge candidates.
Aldermen could select a new municipal judge then or at its Dec. 18 regular board meeting.
1. Vibrant Church's $14M expansion nearly complete COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Buying a piece of history: Market for antebellum homes changing in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Christmas Co-op offers second wave of support to needy families STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Council to discuss freeze on travel spending COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Kelley selected as Starkville municipal judge STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY