Friday's paper had an article in it about two recent fatal shootings of black men by police officers who were responding to "shots fired" calls. In both cases the police apparently mistook the black men for the criminals when they actually were the "good guys" responding to crimes committed by others.
A declaimer before this letter: I am writing this because of talk on the street I have heard of late. I am being kind in my remarks, to what the street talk is. No accusations meant, just some information needed to explain our current financial situation.
I'm proud to say that I supported Chris McDaniel to represent Mississippi for the two remaining years of the Thad Cochran six-year term in our U.S. Senate.
Caledonia won more than a state championship this year. For most programs, three wins is considered an underperformance and borderline abysmal, but for Caledonia, three wins electrified the entire school.
1. Possumhaw: A goose and a gander LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Marc Dion: I Won't Gloat. I Won't Gloat. NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Editorial cartoon for 12-17-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Mona Charen: Collusion is possible NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoons for 12-18-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS